Please note, until further notice, our support groups are meeting virtually. We have taken this step to ensure you can still receive the support you need while protecting the health and wellness of our community.
2nd Wednesdays of the Month, 6:00-7:30pm
Click here to join the 2nd Wednesday of the month Family Support Group
Meeting ID: 824 4192 4181
Or to join by phone
One tap mobile
NAMI Family Support Group is a peer-led support group for family members, caregivers and loved ones of individuals living with mental illness. Gain insight from the challenges and successes of others facing similar circumstances.
NAMI’s Support Groups are unique because they follow a structured model, ensuring everyone has an opportunity to be heard and to get what they need.
- Free of cost to participants
- Designed for adult loved ones (18+) of individuals living with a mental illness
- Led by family members of individuals living with a mental illness
- Meets weekly or monthly
- No specific medical therapy or medication is endorsed or recommended
What You’ll Gain
By sharing your experiences in a safe and confidential setting, you gain hope and develop supportive relationships. This group allows your voice to be heard, and provides an opportunity for your personal needs to be met. It encourages empathy, productive discussion and a sense of community. You’ll benefit through other’s experiences, discover your inner strength and learn now to identify local resources and how to use them.
NAMI Family Support Group will help you:
- See the individual first, not the illness
- Recognize that mental illnesses are medical illnesses that may have environmental triggers
- Understand that mental illnesses are traumatic events
- Aim for better coping skills
- Find strength in sharing experiences
- Reject stigma and not tolerate discrimination
- Not judge anyone’s pain
- Forgive ourselves and reject guilt
- Embrace humor as healthy
- Accept that we cannot solve every problem
- Work for a better future in a realistic way
What People Are Saying
“Using the [NAMI] support group model is so essential to the success of our family support groups. As a group, the collective wisdom covered a lot of possibilities.”
“The most beneficial thing for me was that I am not alone. I found the NAMI Family Support Group at the time I really needed it!”