What is the NAMI Peer-to-Peer Education Program?
NAMI Peer-to-Peer is a free, eight-session educational program for adults with mental health conditions who are looking to better understand themselves and their recovery.
Taught by trained leaders with lived experience, this program includes activities, discussions and informative videos. However, as with all NAMI programs, it does not include recommendations for treatment approaches.
The NAMI Peer-to-Peer education program is:
- Free and confidential
- held once a week for two hours
- Taught by trained Peer Mentors living in recovery
- A great source for information on mental health and recovery
What You Will Gain?
NAMI Peer-to-Peer is a safe, confidential space. The course provides an opportunity for mutual support and growth. Experience compassion and understanding from people who relate to your experiences. This is a place to learn more about recovery in an accepting environment.
NAMI Peer-to-Peer helps you:
- Set a vision and goals for the future
- Partner with health care providers
- Develop confidence for making decisions
- Practice relaxation and stress reduction tools
- Share your story
- Strengthen relationships
- Enhance communication skills
- Learn about mental health treatment options
Sign up for a class
The class begins Friday, September 27 and ending Friday, November 15 2019. The course will be from 11am-1pm at Centre of Palm Harbor, 1500 16th Street, Palm Harbor, FL Spaces are limited. Please pre-register at, Stephanie Wolf, CRPS, email@example.com.
Thank you to our community partner: