Topic: Connection Recovery Group Meeting
Time: Jul 6, 2020 06:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Meeting ID: 970 6886 2573
One tap mobile
+19292056099,,97068862573# US (New York)
NAMI Connection Recovery Support Group is a free, peer-led support group for adults living with mental illness. You will gain insight from hearing the challenges and successes of others. The groups are led by NAMI-trained facilitators who have the lived-experience and are now living in recovery.
If you are an individual living with mental illness and are interested in finding support and community, please join us at the following times and locations:
Please note, that until further notice, our support groups are meeting virtually. We have taken this step to ensure you can still receive the support you need while protecting the health and wellness of our community. For more information on how NAMI Pinellas is complying with CDC guidelines, please visit our COVID-19 information page.
- Every Monday evening at 6 pm, located at Empath Health 5771 Roosevelt Blvd, Clearwater, The Gathering Place, Building 100, Room D.
- Every Tuesday evening at 5pm, located at Northwest Church of Christ 6355 38th Ave N, Saint Petersburg, FL 33710.
NAMI’s Support Groups are unique because they follow a structured model to ensure you and others in the group have an opportunity to be heard and to get what you need. The groups meet on a weekly basis.
What You’ll Gain
By sharing your experiences in a safe and confidential setting, you gain hope and develop relationships. The group encourages empathy, productive discussion and a sense of community.
NAMI Connection Recovery Support Group will help you:
- See the individual first, not the illness
- Recognize that mental illnesses are medical illnesses that may have environmental triggers
- Understand that mental illnesses are traumatic events
- Aim for better coping skills
- Find strength in sharing experiences
- Reject stigma and not tolerate discrimination
- Not judge anyone’s pain
- Forgive ourselves and reject guilt
- Embrace humor as healthy
- Accept that we cannot solve every problem
- Work for a better future in a realistic way
These groups are open to the community, regardless of diagnosis.
For more information, please contact Rosalie Bousher, Program Leader, at 727-826-0807.