NAMI Adult Connection Recovery Support Group is a free, peer-led support group for adults living with mental illness. You will gain insight from hearing the challenges and successes of others. The groups are led by NAMI-trained facilitators who have lived experience and are now living in recovery.
NAMI’s Support Groups are unique because they follow a structured model to ensure you and others in the group have an opportunity to be heard and to get what you need. The groups meet Monday and Tuesday weekly, 6:30 – 8:00pm.
- Monday Dates
- Jan 10 & 24; Feb 7 & 21; Mar 7 & 21; Apr 4 7 18; May 9 & 23; Jun 6 & 20, Jul 18; Aug 1 & 15 & 29; Sep 12 & 26; Oct 10 & 24; Nov 7 & 21; Dec 5 & 19
- Tuesday Dates
- Jan 4 & 18; Feb 1 & 15; Mar 1 & 15 & 29; Apr 12 7 26; May 3 & 17 & 31; Jun 14 & 28; Jul 12 & 26; Aug 9 & 23; Sep 6 & 20, Oct 4 & 18, Nov 1 & 15 & 29; Dec 13 & 27
What You’ll Gain
By sharing your experiences in a safe and confidential setting, you gain hope and develop relationships. The group encourages empathy, productive discussion and a sense of community.
NAMI Connection Recovery Support Group will help you:
- See the individual first, not the illness
- Recognize that mental illnesses are medical illnesses that may have environmental triggers
- Understand that mental illnesses are traumatic events
- Aim for better coping skills
- Find strength in sharing experiences
- Reject stigma and not tolerate discrimination
- Not judge anyone’s pain
- Forgive ourselves and reject guilt
- Embrace humor as healthy
- Accept that we cannot solve every problem
- Work for a better future in a realistic way
These groups are open to the community, regardless of diagnosis.
For more information, please contact Jo Dee Nicosia, Director of Programs, at 727-826-0807.