NAMI Adult Connection Recovery Support Group is a free, peer-led support group for any adult who has experienced symptoms of a mental health condition. You will gain insight from hearing the challenges and successes of others. The groups are led by NAMI-trained facilitators who have lived experience and are now living in recovery.
NAMI’s Support Groups are unique because they follow a structured model to ensure you and others in the group have an opportunity to be heard and to get what you need. The groups meet Monday and Tuesday weekly, 6:30 – 8:00pm.
- Monday Dates
- Jan 16 & 30; Feb 13 & 27; Mar 13 & 27; Apr 10 & 24; May 8 & 22; Jun 5 & 19; Jul 3 & 17, & 31; Aug 14 & 28; Sep 11 & 25; Oct 9 & 23; Nov 6 & 20; Dec 4 & 18
- Tuesday Dates
- March 7 & 21; April 4 & 18; May 2 ,16, 30; June 13 & 27; July 11 & 25; August 8 & 22; September 5 & 19; October 03, 17 & 31; November 14 & 28; December 12 & 26
What You’ll Gain
By sharing your experiences in a safe and confidential setting, you can gain hope and feel a sense of connection. The group encourages empathy, productive discussion, and a sense of community. You’ll benefit from other’s experiences, discover your inner strength, and empower yourself by sharing your own experiences in a non-judgmental space.
NAMI Connection Recovery Support Group will help you:
- See the individual first, not the illness
- Recognize that mental illnesses are medical illnesses that may have environmental triggers
- Understand that mental illnesses are traumatic events
- Aim for better coping skills
- Find strength in sharing experiences
- Reject stigma and not tolerate discrimination
- Forgive ourselves and reject guilt
- Embrace humor as healthy
- Accept that we cannot solve every problem
- Work for a better future in a realistic way
These groups are open to the community, regardless of diagnosis.
For more information, please contact Destini Gill, Senior Program Manager, at 727-826-0807.