Building a better life for anyone affected by a mental illness is our purpose in this community. Whether it is a peer working to live in recovery, a family member looking to better support their loved one, or a community member who is going through hard times and needs a listening ear – we are here.
Many factors between the Coronavirus (COVID-19), the economic temperature and regulations in place for the safety of all have taken our community into the “unknown”. As you navigate through these changes, NAMI Pinellas is determined more than ever to offer the support for the part that is neglected most- your mental health and well being.
We as a community and organization have taken extra measures to sanitize our offices, personal spaces, homes and practice mindful social distancing when possible. The recent changes to both our community and across the globe increases stress physically and mentally on any individual and family. We continue to be at the forefront of supporting the mental health of our community at this time. Whether it is utilizing our resources and services or looking for ways to impact others, we have included how you can get involved!
BUILDING BETTER LIVES, TOGETHER
As the COVID-19 impact expands, people in the Tampa Bay area are reporting an increase of distress towards their mental health. NAMI Tampa Bay affiliates from Pasco, Hillsborough and Pinellas are collaborating to increase the support towards your mental health.
We have expanded the number of support groups each week, shared resources among our platforms and are working to strategically offer more support for you and your loved ones in this time of need. Learn more here.
Our signature support groups are continuing each week to meet the needs of your mental health. We have trained our facilitators with our NEW method of offering support groups, via Zoom Conference, to continue supporting each individual safely, consistently and more face to face conversation. This crucial step has been taken to ensure you are still receiving the support you need as well as protecting your physical health and well being.
If you are unable to sign up, give our office a call at 727-826-0807 and we will put your name down!
Virtual Family Connect Room
Our sister affiliate NAMI Broward County, has partnered with In the Rooms (ITR), an online social support network, is introducing virtual,FAMILY CONNECT to Mental Health for adult family members and caregivers.
VIRTUAL, Family Connect to Mental Health is an online forum available to adult family members and caregivers who has a loved one who has or is experiencing symptoms associated with a mental health condition.
Starting on Monday, March 23rd at 7:00 PM the virtual room will be OPEN every 4th Monday of every month.
Interested? Follow Two Easy Steps:
| Step 1: Visit intherooms.com and create an account. (Your personal information will be kept confidential).
Step 2: Join Online by signing to the chat room link here.
NEXT Open Chat: Monday, April 27th 2020 | 7:00 PM
Questions? Please contact [email protected] for more information.
LIFE IS TOUGH.
SO ARE YOU.
| NAMI Pinellas is partnering with Cope Notes to provide peer support, digital journaling, and positive psychology to our local community. Using randomly-timed text messages, Cope Notes helps improve mental and emotional health by training the brain to think in healthier patterns.
Now, more than ever our community is using Cope Notes to promote positivity during the Covid-19 crisis. Curious? Try Cope Notes for free.
NAMI Pinellas County has seen an increase volume of requests from community partners, families and individuals in need of additional support and resources. You can partner with us in lifting our community’s mental well being by making a gift. Together, we can continue to build better lives for anyone affected by a mental health condition!
With the increase of volume from requests of both individuals and community partners, we are in need of volunteers like you! For more information, email us!
While NAMI Pinellas’ continue to support your mental health needs, we’ve included trusted sources at this time.
- National Alliance on Mental Illness https://www.nami.org
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention https://www.cdc.gov/
- American Public Health Association https://www.apha.org/
- BayCare is offering a nurse line as a community resource. The line is available from 7 am to midnight by calling 1-800-BayCare (229-2273).
- Boley Centers http://boleycenters.org/
- Directions for Living https://directionsforliving.org/emotional-support-call-line/ The line is available from 8am to 8pm Monday through Sunday
- Florida Department of Health in Pinellas County http://pinellas.floridahealth.gov/
- Florida Managing Entities Resource Document
- Gulf Coast Jewish Family & Community Services https://gulfcoastjewishfamilyandcommunityservices.org/
- Largo Medical https://largomedical.com/specialties/behavioral-health/
- Managing your Mental Health during COVID-19 https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prepare/managing-stress-anxiety.html?CDC_AA_refVal=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cdc.gov%2Fcoronavirus%2F2019-ncov%2Fabout%2Fcoping.html
- Personal Enrichment through Mental Health Services (PEMHS) https://pemhs.org/
- Psychology Today https://www.psychology.org/resources/expert-tips-coronavirus-anxiety/
- Suncoast Center https://www.suncoastcenter.org/coronavirus-response
- United Way Suncoast has shared a resource document with links to our community partners local in the Tampa Bay Area.
- Windmoor Healthcare https://windmoor.com/health-alert-important-coronavirus-update/
- Youth Move https://youthmovenational.org/resources/