NAMI Surviving Suicide Loss Support Group is a peer-led support group for family members, caregivers and loved ones of individuals who lost their lives to suicide. We aim to provide a safe, confidential environment in which bereaved people can share their experiences and feelings, and gain support from each other.
NAMI’s Support Groups are unique because they follow a structured model to ensure you and others in the group have an opportunity to be heard and to get what you need. 2 Suicide Support Groups are available:
- 3rd Wednesday of each month, 6-7:30pm. Location: Dunedin Community Center, Aberdeen Room, 1920 Pinehurst Rd, Dunedin, FL.
- 4th Thursday of the month, 6:30-8:00pm. Location: Park Place Church, Fellowship Hall, 4400 70th Ave N, Pinellas Park, FL 33713
What You’ll Gain
By sharing your experiences in a safe and confidential setting, you gain hope and develop relationships. The group encourages empathy, productive discussion and a sense of community.
NAMI Surviving Suicide Loss Support Group will help you:
- Aim for better coping skills
- Find strength in sharing experiences
- Reject stigma and not tolerate discrimination
- Not judge anyone’s pain
- Forgive ourselves and reject guilt
- Embrace humor as healthy
- Accept that we cannot solve every problem
- Work for a better future in a realistic way
These groups are open to the community.
For more information, please contact Jo Dee Nicosia, Director of Programs, at 727-826-0807.