NAMI Youth & Young Adult (under 30 years old) Connection Recovery Support Group is a free, peer-led support group for youth & young adults living with mental illness. You will gain insight from hearing the challenges and successes of others. The groups are led by NAMI-trained facilitators who have the lived-experience and are now living in recovery.
NAMI’s Support Groups are unique because they follow a structured model to ensure you and others in the group have an opportunity to be heard and to get what you need. The groups meet the 2nd Thursday of every month, 7:30 – 9:00pm online
What You’ll Gain
By sharing your experiences in a safe and confidential setting, you gain hope and develop relationships. The group encourages empathy, productive discussion and a sense of community.
NAMI Young Adult Connection Recovery Support Group will help you:
- See the individual first, not the illness
- Recognize that mental illnesses are medical illnesses that may have environmental triggers
- Understand that mental illnesses are traumatic events
- Aim for better coping skills
- Find strength in sharing experiences
- Reject stigma and not tolerate discrimination
- Not judge anyone’s pain
- Forgive ourselves and reject guilt
- Embrace humor as healthy
- Accept that we cannot solve every problem
- Work for a better future in a realistic way
These groups are open to the community, regardless of diagnosis.
For more information, please contact Jessica Kushner, Senior Programs Manager, at 727-826-0807.