NAMI Young Adult (18-30 years) Connection Recovery Support Group is a free, peer-led support group for young adults living with mental illness. You will gain insight from hearing the challenges and successes of others. The groups are led by NAMI-trained facilitators who have the lived-experience and are now living in recovery.
NAMI’s Support Groups are unique because they follow a structured model to ensure you and others in the group have an opportunity to be heard and to get what you need. The groups meet on a weekly basis.
Click on the link below to register:
- 1st Thursday of the month, 7pm Young Adult (18-30)
- 3rd Thursday of the month, 7pm Young Adult (18-30)
What You’ll Gain
By sharing your experiences in a safe and confidential setting, you gain hope and develop relationships. The group encourages empathy, productive discussion and a sense of community.
NAMI Young Adult Connection Recovery Support Group will help you:
- See the individual first, not the illness
- Recognize that mental illnesses are medical illnesses that may have environmental triggers
- Understand that mental illnesses are traumatic events
- Aim for better coping skills
- Find strength in sharing experiences
- Reject stigma and not tolerate discrimination
- Not judge anyone’s pain
- Forgive ourselves and reject guilt
- Embrace humor as healthy
- Accept that we cannot solve every problem
- Work for a better future in a realistic way
These groups are open to the community, regardless of diagnosis.
For more information, please contact Jo Dee Nicosia, Director of Programs, at 727-826-0807.