NAMI In Our Own Voice presentations change attitudes, assumptions and ideas about people with mental health conditions. These free, 40-, 60- or 90-minute presentations provide a personal perspective of mental health conditions, as leaders with lived experience talk openly about what it’s like to have a mental health condition.
This presentation provides:
- An opportunity to hear open and honest perspectives on a highly misunderstood topic
- A chance to ask leaders questions, allowing for a deeper understanding of mental health conditions and dispelling of stereotypes and misconceptions
- The understanding that people with mental health conditions have lives enriched by hopes, dreams and goals
- Information on how to learn more about mental health and get involved with the mental health community
What People Are Saying
Amazing presentation with amazing presenters! You 100% erased any stigma I used to associate with mental illness.” -Audience member
“Several of the mental health staff stated that they saw recovery as a real option—for the first time ever.” -Audience member
“Presenting this program is the single most effective thing I am doing to maintain my mental health. Time after time, I see the audience respond with curiosity and interest. I know I am changing the face of mental illness and that I have transformed my pain into the power to make a difference.” -IOOV Program Leader
Schedule or Attend a Presentation
If you would like to host or attend a NAMI In Our Own Voice presentation, contact Jo Dee Nicosia, Director of Programs.
Become an IOOV Presenter
Want to learn how to present In Our Own Voice? Attend a free training.
- Online learning modules that need to be completed by August 2nd. You will receive a link to complete once this registration is received and you are confirmed as a member of NAMI.
- An in-person training to be located in Pinellas County which is scheduled for:
Class Dates: August 9, 2021
Class Time: 9am – 5pm