Please note, that until further notice, our support groups are meeting virtually. We have taken this step to ensure you can still receive the support you need while protecting the health and wellness of our community. For more information on how NAMI Pinellas is complying with CDC guidelines, please visit our COVID-19 information page.
Click here to sign up for a support group TODAY!
|Week Day||Every Thursday, 6pm||2nd Wednesday, 1:30pm||4th Wednesday, 1:30pm||4th Saturday, 9:00am|
|Meeting ID||845 980 968||917 9507 4127||953 5506 5209||845 980 968|
NAMI Family Support Group is a peer-led support group for family members, caregivers and loved ones of individuals living with mental illness. Gain insight from the challenges and successes of others facing similar circumstances.
If you are a family member, caregiver, or loved one interested in finding a Family Support Group, NAMI Pinellas has three dates and locations to meet monthly.
- 1st Thursday of the month at CSA of Palm Harbor, 1500 16th Street, Room E, Palm Harbor at 6pm
- 2nd & 4th Wednesday of the month at Northwest Church of Christ, 6355 38th Avenue N, St. Petersburg at 1:30pm
- 3rd Thursday of every month at Empath Health, 5771 Roosevelt Blvd, Building 100, The Gathering Place Room C, Clearwater at 6pm
NAMI’s Support Groups are unique because they follow a structured model, ensuring everyone has an opportunity to be heard and to get what they need.
- Free of cost to participants
- Designed for adult loved ones (18+) of individuals living with mental illness led by family members of individuals living with mental illness
- Meets monthly in three different locations (may choose to attend all)
- No specific medical therapy or medication is endorsed or recommended
- No registration is required
What You’ll Gain
By sharing your experiences in a safe and confidential setting, you gain hope and develop supportive relationships. This group allows your voice to be heard, and provides an opportunity for your personal needs to be met. It encourages empathy, productive discussion and a sense of community. You’ll benefit through other’s experiences, discover your inner strength and learn now to identify local resources and how to use them.
NAMI Family Support Group will help you:
- See the individual first, not the illness
- Recognize that mental illnesses are medical illnesses that may have environmental triggers
- Understand that mental illnesses are traumatic events
- Aim for better coping skills
- Find strength in sharing experiences
- Reject stigma and not tolerate discrimination
- Not judge anyone’s pain
- Forgive ourselves and reject guilt
- Embrace humor as healthy
- Accept that we cannot solve every problem
- Work for a better future in a realistic way
Family members and friends can talk openly about their challenges and help one another through their own experience and learned wisdom. Trained NAMI family member facilitators encourage all to participate. Join us for refreshments afterward.
For more information, please contact Rosalie Bousher, Program Leader, at 727-826-0807.