Family Support Group Schedule
- Thursdays, 6:30 – 8:00pm. Zoom link | Meeting ID 88107810102
- 2023 Dates:
- Jan 19; Feb 2 & 16; Mar 2 & 16 & 30, Apr 13 & 27; May 11 & 25; Jun 8 & 22; Jul 6 & 20, Aug 3 & 17, & 31; Sep 14 & 28; Oct 12 & 26; Nov 9 & 23; Dec 7 & 21
NAMI Family Support Group is a peer-led support group for family members, caregivers and loved ones of individuals living with mental illness. Gain insight from the challenges and successes of others facing similar circumstances.
NAMI’s Support Groups are unique because they follow a structured model, ensuring everyone has an opportunity to be heard and to get what they need.
- Free of cost to participants
- Designed for adult loved ones (18+) of individuals living with mental illness led by family members of individuals living with mental illness
- Meets twice a monthly
- No specific medical therapy or medication is endorsed or recommended
What You’ll Gain
By sharing your experiences in a safe and confidential setting, you gain hope and develop supportive relationships. This group allows your voice to be heard, and provides an opportunity for your personal needs to be met. It encourages empathy, productive discussion and a sense of community. You’ll benefit through other’s experiences, discover your inner strength and learn now to identify local resources and how to use them.
NAMI Family Support Group will help you:
- See the individual first, not the illness
- Recognize that mental illnesses are medical illnesses that may have environmental triggers
- Understand that mental illnesses are traumatic events
- Aim for better coping skills
- Find strength in sharing experiences
- Reject stigma and not tolerate discrimination
- Not judge anyone’s pain
- Forgive ourselves and reject guilt
- Embrace humor as healthy
- Accept that we cannot solve every problem
- Work for a better future in a realistic way
Family members and friends can talk openly about their challenges and help one another through their own experience and learned wisdom. Trained NAMI family member facilitators encourage all to participate.
For more information, please contact Jessica Kushner, Senior Program Manager, or call 727-826-0807.