Please note, that until further notice, our support groups are meeting virtually. We have taken this step to ensure you can still receive the support you need while protecting the health and wellness of our community. For more information on how NAMI Pinellas is complying with CDC guidelines, please visit our COVID-19 information page.
Family Support Group Schedule
- 4th Wednesday of every month, 6pm. Zoom link | Meeting ID 898 6176 5744
- Each Thursday of every month, 6pm. Zoom link | Meeting ID 816 4358 4808
NAMI Family Support Group is a peer-led support group for family members, caregivers and loved ones of individuals living with mental illness. Gain insight from the challenges and successes of others facing similar circumstances.
NAMI’s Support Groups are unique because they follow a structured model, ensuring everyone has an opportunity to be heard and to get what they need.
- Free of cost to participants
- Designed for adult loved ones (18+) of individuals living with mental illness led by family members of individuals living with mental illness
- Meets monthly
- No specific medical therapy or medication is endorsed or recommended
What You’ll Gain
By sharing your experiences in a safe and confidential setting, you gain hope and develop supportive relationships. This group allows your voice to be heard, and provides an opportunity for your personal needs to be met. It encourages empathy, productive discussion and a sense of community. You’ll benefit through other’s experiences, discover your inner strength and learn now to identify local resources and how to use them.
NAMI Family Support Group will help you:
- See the individual first, not the illness
- Recognize that mental illnesses are medical illnesses that may have environmental triggers
- Understand that mental illnesses are traumatic events
- Aim for better coping skills
- Find strength in sharing experiences
- Reject stigma and not tolerate discrimination
- Not judge anyone’s pain
- Forgive ourselves and reject guilt
- Embrace humor as healthy
- Accept that we cannot solve every problem
- Work for a better future in a realistic way
Family members and friends can talk openly about their challenges and help one another through their own experience and learned wisdom. Trained NAMI family member facilitators encourage all to participate.
For more information, please contact Jo Dee Nicosia, Director of Programs, or call 727-826-0807.