The Florida Certification Board with funding and approval from the Florida Department of Children and Families, Office of Substance Abuse and Mental Health would like to invite you to a FREE TRAINING WEBINAR!
Youth Peer Services
PRESENTERS: This webinar will feature three presenters.
- Jo Dee Nicosia is the Director of Programs for NAMI Pinellas County. She actively utilizes her experience in mental health education, recovery coalition building, and program development to lead an innovative workforce development program which provides peer led training, coaching and supervision for individuals who are seeking a certification as a recovery peer specialist. Jo Dee also has the pleasure of being the “Supportive Adult” for the Youth MOVE Pinellas Chapter.
- Christine Von Staden is a young adult living in recovery. She is a Peer Recovery Support Specialist for Operation PAR and the President of Youth Move Pinellas.
- Natalie Luengas is a young adult living in recovery and is an active Peer in the NAMI Peers in Recovery Program and Vice President of Youth Move Pinellas.
DATE: April 27, 2021
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm (EST)
ABOUT THIS WEBINAR: The purpose of this Webinar is to promote statewide adoption, integration and increased capacity of Youth Peer Specialists and Youth Peer Services by demonstrating the positive impact of youth peer services across multiple areas. Implementation of known best-practice integration activities across individuals, organizations, and systems.
Youth peer services have increased hope and belief in the possibility of recovery; empowerment and increased self-esteem; self-efficacy and self-management of difficulties; social inclusion; engagement; and increased social networks as a component of a recovery-oriented framework. Youth Peer Services offer a unique opportunity to support youth and young adults in transition to adulthood by collaborating across child and adult systems.
This webinar will help the participants:
- Identify the Core Competencies of Peer Support
- How Youth Peer Services fit into the existing team structure to form a collaborative partnership
- Identify network opportunity which help support young people and youth peer supporters in their communities
- Understand Youth Peer Services role, function, and benefit to young people
- Identify which decision points are important to consider in implementing youth peer services.
- 1.5 Continuing Education credits or contact/clock hours will be awarded for full participation
in the webinar
- Florida Certification Board Provider #5033-A, Exp. Date 12/31/2021
- Florida Board of Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #50-1836, Exp. Date 3/31/2023
- Florida Board of Nursing Provider #50-1836, Exp. Date 10/31/2021
- Florida Board of Psychology Provider #50-183, Exp. Date 5/31/2022
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This webinar is designed for behavioral health professionals and other individuals who work with or may play significant roles in the lives of adolescents and young adults.
Please read the following important messages before registering for this event:
- After registering, you will receive a confirmation email message containing information about joining the webinar
- FCB uses GoToWebinar for the online event system
- Audio for the event is accessible via the internet. To receive audio, attendees must join the event by using computers equipped with speakers. There is no phone call-in number for this event
- Once the host approves your registration, you will receive a confirmation email message with instructions on how to join the event
- To avoid problems with log-in and receiving credit for attendance, please use the confirmation email to join the event
- You must participate in the entire webinar in order to receive the maximum CEs
- Please allow up to 30 days for your CE processing
This training is supported by the Florida Department of Children and Families, Office of Substance Abuse and Mental Health funding (Contract #LH290)