NAMI Veteran Connection Recovery Support Group is a free, peer-led support group for any adult Veteran who has experienced symptoms of a mental health condition. You will gain insight from hearing the challenges and successes of others in a safe and confidential environment. The groups are led by NAMI-trained facilitators who have lived experience as Veterans and are now living in recovery.
NAMI’s Veteran Support Groups are unique because they follow a structured model to ensure you and others in the group have an opportunity to be heard and to get what you need.
When: 3rd Thursday of the Month, 7:30 PM – 9 PM
Location: Zoom (Link will be sent to your email after registration)
What You’ll Gain
By sharing your experiences in a safe and confidential setting, you gain hope and develop relationships. The group encourages empathy, productive discussion and a sense of community.
NAMI Veteran Connection Recovery Support Group will help you:
- See the individual first, not the illness
- Recognize that mental illnesses are medical illnesses that may have environmental triggers
- Understand that mental illnesses are traumatic events
- Aim for better coping skills
- Find strength in sharing experiences
- Reject stigma and not tolerate discrimination
- Not judge anyone’s pain
- Forgive ourselves and reject guilt
- Embrace humor as healthy
- Accept that we cannot solve every problem
- Work for a better future in a realistic way
These groups are open to the community, regardless of diagnosis.
For more information, please contact Jessica Kushner, Senior Programs Manager, at 727-826-0807.